Saturday 6 July 2013

What's on My Face? #1


Image
So welcome to my First Ever “What’s on my Face?” post!
I’m honestly not sure how to pose for one of these kinds of photos, so I’ve ended up looking like quite a bum!
Any advice on how to take a purposeful, yet pretty picture? ;)
Image
So for this Look I wanted to go for a simple yet bold look; you’ll begin to notice a pattern with me, I love making an every day look seem bold at the same time; without making it too over the top.
Big eyes and attention seeking lips, lets get started!
Image
I started by blending in my Bobbi Brown Foundation with SPF15 in Warm Natural into the Skin with my duo fibre face brush; I love using this foundation to achieve a nice glow, and also because it helps my makeup last all day. Following this, I apply my Bobbi Brown creamy concealer in Warm Natural under my eyes, and on any blemishes on my face. I do this with my ring finger as I feel the concealer blends in much better with my finger than if I was to use a brush for precision. This has to be the best Concealer invented, I believe its even been won the TEMPTALIA readers choice awards! Usually, I would dab on powder to control the glow, but today I’m a shiny girl in a shiny world! (Cheesy much!)
I filled my brows with my Bobbi Brown Brow kit in Saddle/Mahogany, and I use my Bobbi Brown Brow brow brush for this, the two colors allow me to create perfect brows, and these can be made more and more intense with the more color I add.
The bronzer I’ve used is by Maxfactor in the shade 01, and is the most beautiful bronzer I have ever come across on the highstreet! I’d seen a friend wearing it and had her write down the name for me – I did not regret my nosey behavior at all! Sometimes I use this all over my cheeks but today, I’ve used it just to contour my cheeks with my contouring brush that I found in IMATS NY in April!
My Blusher is Apricot by Bobbi Borwn, and is a lovely, bright cheek color! I’ve used my Models Own Powder brush to spread this, this allowed to me to control the amount of product on my face too! This is a stunning color and the intensity is buildable from subtle to bright!
I’m done with my face base now! Simple, quick an easy!
For my eyes, I’ve used the Bobbi Brown black gel liner with my Bobbi Browneye liner brush for precision! This again is long lasting and very pigmented. Liner takes me the longest when doing my makeup, if it wasn’t for the eyeliner, my makeup would be complete with in a maximum of 10-12 minutes! I’ve made my liner thick and added a slight cat-eye at the ends! This is my most favorite liner look as it is bold and simple at the same time.
I then used a cotton bud to clean up my tear duct and the lower eye.
For mascara, I have used my MAC Opulash Mascara that I got in one of the seasonal collections. This is a good mascara, and it gives a bold look for an everyday face.
On my lips I have the Maybeline Super Stay 14 hour lip color in Eternal Rose, but have put it on very lightly as it is an intense and dark shade. A very buildable product and again very long lasting!
The aim of my makeup here was to be very long lasting, as my plan of action for the day is a long and winded one! Do you recommend any other products that would keep my makeup on for longer? What did you think?
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment